“I am using an Acer TravelMate B laptop with Windows 7 operating system. After several days’ trip, I forgot the password and now I cannot logon my PC. Is there an easy way to reset Windows 7 password on Acer laptop? ”
It should be a common issue that Acer users often meet. In fact, it is not a terrible disaster when you lost or forgot Windows 7 password on your laptop. You can reset the password yourself. Here there are several ways for you.
Method 1. Use a password reset disk
This method requires that you have created a password reset disk (CD/DVD/USB) before. Given that you have created the disk, follow the steps to change Widows 7 Password on your Acer laptop.
1. Type an incorrect password on the Windows 7 login screen, you will see the reset password link appear below the password box. Click it to proceed.
2. Insert the Windows password reset disk, then follow the instructions to reset your password.
3. After you reset the password, you can now logon your Acer laptop with the new password.
Method 2. Using a workable password reset tool
If you do not get a password reset disk on hand, you can use some third party software to reset the password on your Windows 7 Acer PC. Here, this Windows Password Unlocker can be your ideal tool. It can help you create a password reset disk and then help you create a new password. Below is how.
1. Download the Windows Password Unlocker to another accessible computer, install it.
2. Insert a blank CD/DVD or a USB drive to the computer.
3. Select target device and then click Burn CD/DVD or Burn USB button to create a password reset disk.
4. Click Yes to continue when the window below appears.
This software supports all Acer computer/notebook include:
Acer Aspire 3690,E1-531-2438, Aspire 5532, V5-471-6473,Aspire One KAV60, Aspire S3-951-6646, AOD,AS, Iconia W7, TravelMate P, Aspire E1, One, Acer A, Aspire V5, Aspire V3, Iconia W5, New Acer C7, Acer AO, Acer 11.6, Acer Aspire E1, Acer TravelMate B
After creating the Windows 7 password reset disk, following the steps in Method 1 to reset the password on your Acer laptop.
Method 3. Type lusrmgr.msc to reset Windows 7 password
If you can login to your PC with another admin account, you can use this simple way to reset Windows 7 password.
1. Logon the computer with the Admin account.
2. Click the Start button and then in the Search box type lusrmgr.msc, Press Enter, the the Local Users and Groups window will open and. Input the administrator password or provide the confirmation if needed to continue.
3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
4. Right-click the account that you want to change the password, and click Set Password.
Finish the steps above, you have successfully change the Windows 7 password on Acer laptop.