How to Create, Modify, Clear and Recover Excel 2007 Password?
Microsoft Office developers have been paying more and more attention to the means of protecting users' information, and Microsoft Excel has not been overlooked. With advanced features, MS Excel 2007 provide users against unauthorized access to the information stored in Microsoft Excel documents. The methods include completely blocking access to a document, forbidding saving changes to it. However, these seem not far enough. We can do nothing but anxiety if the data was locked in the Excel. For the reason, some expert team even designed Excel password recovery tools to recover Excel 2007 password for those who have lost Excel password.
Table of contents:
- Part one: How to create a password to protect Excel 2007 file
- Part two: How to modify the password of an encrypt MS Excel 2007 document?
- Part three: How to clear password protection for an Excel spreadsheet?
- Part four: How to recover MS Excel 2007 password with Excel Password Unlocker
- 1. Click the Microsoft Office Button , point to Prepare, and then click Encrypt Document
- 2. Type a password in the Password box, and then click OK.
- PS: You can type up to 255 characters. By default, this feature uses AES 128-bit advanced encryption. Encryption is a standard method used to help make your file more secure.
- 3.Type the previous password in the Reenter password box, and then click OK.
- 4. Now save the password and the MS Excel 2007 document.
Except of setting a password to open an Excel spreadsheet, you can set a password to allow others modifying the spreadsheet.
- 1. Click the Microsoft Office Button -> Save As-> Tools on the bottom of the Save As dialog.
- 2. Click the Tools menu and select General Options.
- 3. Enter a password in the modifying password blank.
- 4. Re-enter the password in the blank, and then click OK.
- 5. Click Save.
- 1. Use the password to open the spreadsheet. (Note: If you don't know the password which is used to open the spreadsheet, you have to recover Excel password with the third party tool Excel Password Unlocker)
- 2. Click the Microsoft Office Button -> Prepare-> Encrypt Document.
- 3. Remove the encrypted password in Encrypt Document box, and then click OK.
- 4. Save the spreadsheet.
Excel Password Unlocker is a popular Excel password recovery tool that can recover Excel password from Excel 97 to Excel 2007.Meanwhile, it can open your file again without any deficiency.
Here, we provide a step-by-step guide on how to recover the Excel 2007 password.
- Step 1?Download Excel Password Unlocker and install it.
- Step 2?Click Open and select the file you need.
- Step 3: Choose an attack type to recover Excel 2007 password.
- Step 4: Attack settings.
- Step 5: Click Start on the taskbar, and when the operation finished, you will recover the lost Excel 2007 password successfully.