How to Restore Deleted Pictures from a Digital Camera?
Question: How can I restore deleted pictures from my digital camera? I accidently deleted pictures from my Canon Powershot digital camera.
Common Causes for Picture Loss
Losing pictures from a digital camera is common nowadays. Following are some typical digital camera picture loss problems you might come across:
- Accidentally or intentionally deleted pictures and you need to recover them from your Canon/Nikon/Samsung /Sony/Olympus digital camera?
- Accidentally formatted your digital camera memory card and you want to restore the pictures?
- The memory card corrupted and you want to get the pictures off it but don't know how?
Methods for Restoring Deleted Pictures
With technology as it is today, you can easily restore deleted pictures from a digital camera. And it comes in 2 ways: Professional data recovery company and picture recovery software.
If your pictures lost due to deletion, formatting, virus infection and more, a great picture recovery tool like Hodo Photo Recovery is the best choice. With Hodo Photo Recovery, you can easily and quickly retrieve deleted, formatted, lost or inaccessible pictures, documents, audios, videos from internal/external hard disks, digital cameras, USB flash drives, mobile phones, etc.
With Hodo Photo Recovery, you can retrieve deleted photos from various brands and models of digital cameras, including Nikon, Canon, Kodak, Casio, Samsung, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic, FujiFilm, Sanyo, etc. 100% security is guaranteed. Before purchase, you can try the free demo version, which allows you to scan for and preview lost files.
If your digital camera memory card is physically damaged and want to recover deleted pictures from it, you can try the data recovery services provided by professional companies. But this usually costs you a lot of money. Besides, it might lead to data leak if the company is reliable.
Steps to Restore Deleted Pictures
No matter what method to choose, you should stop saving new data to your digital camera the moment you find pictures lost. Following is a simple guide on how to restore deleted pictures from digital camera with Hodo Photo Recovery.
- Step 1. Download and install Hodo Photo Recovery. Connect your digital camera to computer, and then launch the image recovery tool.
- Step 2. Click Start button, and then select the memory card of the target digital camera, click Next button to specify the file type you want to recover. Here you can select the photos/graphic option only.
- Step 3. Click Scan to start scanning the digital camera memory card for deleted pictures. All recoverable pictures will be listed in a tree view in the left pane after scanning.
- Step 4. Preview to find the pictures you want to recover and check the quality.
- Step 5. Click Recover button to get back the deleted pictures. A dialog box will come up for saving the recovered images.