How to Reset Windows XP Password Free with an Installation CD?
It is really an annoying thing if forgot Windows XP password. Someone thinks that It's easy and portable to reset Windows XP password with a password reset disk, but we often forgot to create in advance. At that time, some may choose to reinstall computer or ask help for professional technicians to regain access to computer. In fact, in addition to Windows password reset disk, you can also use a Windows XP installation CD to reset Windows XP password.
Now, follow the 12 detailed steps to learn and master how to reset Windows XP password instantly.
- Step 1. Boot up your Windows XP computer with the Windows XP installation CD in the computer's optical drive.
- Step 2. Press Enter to select to set up Windows XP now after the computer restarting to a blue screen.
- Step 3. Press F8 to agree the end-user license agreement for Microsoft software to continue.
- Step 4. Press R to repair the selected Windows XP installation.
- Step 5. It will start repairing itself by coping files to hard disk. Wait for the computer to reboot after completing repair.
- Step 6. You can see the follow interface after restarting. Press Shift+F10 and press Enter to open a command console here.
- Step 7. Type controluserpassword2 and press Enter on the command console.
- Step 8. It will pop up the User Accounts Screen. And then select the account you need to reset password for and then click Reset Password.
- Step 9. Enter your new password and click OK on the pop-up Reset Password dialog box. And then click Ok on User Accounts screen.
- Step 10. Click Next to continue repairing when you are back to the repairing screen.
- Step 11. Enter your Windows XP product key, and click Next to continue. And the computer will reboot automatically after repair.
- Step 12. After rebooting, click Next->select Not Right Now->click Next->select No, Not at this time->click Next ->click Finish to exit. And then you can see the Windows XP logon screen. Now you can log in your computer with the new password.
There are circumstances where you may have a legal installation of Windows XP without an installation CD. But even If you don’t have a Windows XP installation CD, you can still reset Windows XP password by yourself with third party software.
Windows password recovery software provides you an easy and safe to reset lost or forgotten Windows password for various Windows platforms like Windows XP/Vista/7. If you want to perform Windows XP password reset for free, you can choose some popular free Windows password reset tool, such as Ophcrack and Offline NT Password & Registry Editor. If you prefer commercial one to reset Windows XP password, Windows Password Unlocker and Windows Password Breaker are both good options for you. They can allow you use a bootable CD/DVD or flash drive to reset Windows XP password effectively.
Get it Now