How to Create, Clear and Recover Word 2010 Password?
Are you new to Microsoft Word 2010? Office 2010 made some changes in the interface and improved encryption algorithm, you may not know how to make password protection in Word 2010, or how to take efficient Word 2010 password recovery way. Read this passage to learn how to create, clear and recover Word 2010 password.
Part one: How to create open password to protect Word 2010 file?
Method 1: Through Info option
- Step 1: Click File in the menu bar>Info>Protect Document>Encrypt with Password.
- Step 2: Type a password in the Password box, OK.
- Step 3: Retype the previous password to confirm, OK.
- Step 4: Now save the password and the Word 2010 document.
Method 2: Through Save as option
- Step 1: Click File in the menu bar, choose Save As.
- Step 2: In the pop-up Save As dialog, click Tools at the bottom, and select General Options.
- Step 3: In the opened General Options dialog box, enter a password in the Password to open box.
- Step 4: Re-enter the password to confirm, and then click OK.
- Step 5: Save the document.
Part Two: How to clear password protection for Word document?
- Step 1: Use the password to open the document. (Note: If you don’t know the password to open the document, you have to recover password with the third party Word password recovery tool.)
- Step 2: Click File in the menu bar>Info>Protect Document>Encrypt with Password.
- Step 3: Remove the filled password in Password to open box, and then click OK.
- Step 4: Save the document.
You can follow the similar steps to change password as well.
Part Three: How to recover Word 2010 password with Word Password Unlocker
If you cannot open word due to forgetting password, Word Password Unlocker is a handy Word password recovery tool to help you recover Word open password from Word 97 to Word 2010. This tool allows GPU and CPU acceleration to maximum Word 2010 password recovery speed.
Here is the user guide to recover Word 2010 password.
- Step 1: Download Word Password Unlocker and install it.
- Step 2: Click Open and select the file you need.
- Step 3: Choose an attack type to recover Word 2010 password.
- Step 4: Attack settings.
- Step 5: Click Start on the taskbar, and wait for the password.
Note: As Microsoft office encryption algorithm is improved, it is normal that office 2010 password recovery speed is slower than that of office 2007.