How to Get Back Your Lost Data from Windows 7?
What will you do when you forgot Windows 7 password, accidentally deleted your important files or encountered other computer errors? You might think it's difficult to fix a PC error. But with the right program or solution, you'll find you can fix most common PC problems on your own. In this article, it’ll show you some easy methods to get back your lost data form Windows 7.
Why the lost data recovery can be recovered?
Files can be simply lost due to Formatting, Deleting or "SHITF+Deleting”, virus attacks, system crash, etc. Fortunately, data recovery is possible for these cases as only the reference of the files are removed from the file system table and the files remain on the disk until they are overwritten by other files. To do this job, all you need is a great data recovery tool that suits you and your case best.
How to get back lost data in Windows 7?
There's a great number of free programs available to recover files lost from your hard drive as a result of formatting, software conflicts or accidental delete. Following are some top free ones for your reference. Before trying these tools, please keep in mind that the recovery process is inherently uncertain and no program can guarantee that you will regain the lost files.
Recommended tool - Recuva
Recuva is the most popular tool used to recover lost data from Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003, and 2000. With this data recovery tool, you can recover files that have been "permanently" deleted and marked by the operating system as free space in Windows 7. Besides, this tool is also capable of recovering files deleted from USB flash drives, memory cards, or MP3 players.
- Step 1. Download, install and run the program on your computer. Click Next button when the welcome screen appears.
- Step 2. Select the type of lost data that you want to recover: Pictures, Music, Documents, Video, Compressed, Emails and others. Click Next button after choosing one of the options.
- Step 3. Select the location where you want to get back lost data from: On my media card or iPod, In My documents, In the Recycle Bin, In a specific location (you can click the Browse button to specify location). The I’m not sure option is also available to search everywhere in your computer.
- Step 4. Click "Start" button to begin scanning the selected location for the lost data.
1. Don't select deep scan option until you fail on your first attempt to recover the file.
2. Deep scan could take over an hour depending upon the size of your hard disk.
- Step 5. Wait while scanning. This data recovery tool is fast and efficient.
- Step 6. All recoverable files will be displayed after scanning. Then check the box next to file name and click on Recover button to begin retrieving the lost file.
- Step 7. Select the folder that is different from the scanned drive for saving the file you want to recover, and then click OK. Your lost files will be recovered at once.
Get it Now