Recover Deleted Data: Things You Need to Know
Your data get deleted and want to get it back? This can be a problem for anyone who uses a computer, even when you take every precaution to avoid it. Fortunately, Many files can be recovered after they are deleted, provided the data hasn't been completely overwritten on the hard drive. Here it lists 4 things you need to know for deleted data recovery.
What cause data get deleted?
In the daily work, the data loss causes mainly include:
- Accidental or intentional deletion by pressing Shift+Delete, emptying recycle bin, etc.
- Formatting partitions or removable devices
- Virus attacks
- Partition loss, deletion or damage
- Power failure
- System crash
- Any other unknown reasons
Why data recovery is possible?
When you get your data gets lost, deleted or formatted, only the partition table entry is removed and the data actually remains intact on your hard drive until being overwritten by other data. So when you come across data loss, the first thing you should is to stop saving files to the hard disk or device where the lost data store.
What you'll need for recovery?
To recover deleted files, all you need is a powerful data recovery tool. If you haven't got a satisfying one, you can try Hodo Data Recovery. This tool is professionally designed to help Windows users recover lost or deleted documents, images, photos, audios, videos and more from PCs and various removable storage media. It supports all data loss situations and more than recovery of 550 file formats like DOCX, DOC, XLSX, PPT, PDF, RAR, ZIP, WAV, JPG, PNG, FLV, MP3, etc.
To get started, you'll need to choose one of four recovery modules based on your data loss situations:
- Lost File Recovery – Recover data lost due to deletion, virus attack, or other unknown reasons.
- Formatted Recovery – Retrieve data from already formatted partitions and storage media.
- Partition Recovery – Get back deleted, lost or damage partitions with data intact.
- Raw File Recovery – Try it when the three modules fail for maximum recovery.
No matter what recovery module you select, the whole data recovery is 100% secure and easy. You can try its trial version before purchase. With the trial version, you can scan for all the deleted files and preview them, but not recover it.
How to recover deleted data?
After getting the right data recovery tool like Hodo Data Recovery, you need to install and launch it to start recovering your deleted data. The following tutorial based on Hodo Data Recovery – Raw File Recovery module.
- Step 1. Select Raw File Recovery module.
- Step 2. Select the partition where you lost data.
- Step 3. Specify the file type you want to recover: images, audios, videos, documents, etc.
- Step 4. Wait while it scans for the deleted files. All scanned files will be displayed on the left of the software interface.
- Step 5. Select the files you'd like to recover, preview them and then recover them.