Top 3 RAR Password Recovery Tools for Windows 7
WinRAR is a great utility to store, transport and secure your files and folders. It not only allows you to compress multiple large files into one smaller RAR archive file, but also set a password to encrypt the archive so that no one can access your files. If you forgot RAR password, you can try to recover it using additional software. Here’s a simple look at the top 3 RAR password recovery tools for Windows 7.
1. RAR Password Unlocker
Supported Archives: RAR/WinRAR archives of 4.11 and its previous versions
RAR Password Unlocker is an efficient RAR password recovery tool. It helps you quickly recover forgotten passwords to RAR archives created by WinRAR 4.11 and its previous versions. 3 password attack methods are available: Brute-force with Mask attack, Brute-force attack and dictionary attack. For dictionary attack, you can either create a dictionary on your own or simply use the default dictionary.
- Work for WinRAR 4.11 and its previous versions;
- Recover faster than most similar apps using optimized SEE code;
- Speed up on Multi-core CPU and NVIDIA-GPU.
- Stop and resume recovery anytime with autosave feature.
- Extremely easy GUI interfaces for simple operations with a few clicks.
2. RAR Password Cracker
Supported Archive: RAR/WinRAR archives of versions 2.xx and 3.xx
RAR Password Cracker is another utility that allows you use dictionary and brute-force attacks to uncover forgotten RAR archive passwords. But it’s intended to recover lost passwords for RAR/WinRAR archives of versions 2.xx and 3.xx.
- Support for RAR/WinRAR archives of versions 2.xx and 3.xx;
- Self-extracting and multivolume archives are supported;
- Display the progress and estimated remaining time in the system tray;
- Save a search in its current state and resume the efforts next time.
3. Advanced Archive Password Recovery
Supported Archives: all versions of RAR/WinRAR, ZIP/PKZip/WinZip and more
Advanced Archive Password Recovery is a powerful utility that allows you to recover passwords and removes protection from RAR and ZIP archives created with all versions of PKZip, WinZip, RAR and WinRAR in their GUI and command-line incarnations. Guaranteed recovery is often possible for many ZIP archives in less than one hour.
- Supports all versions of ZIP/PKZip/WinZip, RAR/WinRAR, ARJ/WinARJ, and ACE/WinACE (1.x)
- Supports archives over 4 GB and self-extracting archives;
- Interrupt and resume operation at any time;
- Supports background operation by utilizing idle CPU cycles only;
- Dictionary and brute-force attacks with user-defined masks and advanced templates.
It may take you a few minutes, hours or even days to get back your forgotten RAR passwords, mainly depending on the lost password strength, your computer performance, the recovery tool you use and more. The RAR/WinRAR password recovery programs listed above are efficient in recovering your lost RAR passwords. But RAR Password Recovery is highly preferred for its fast speed, easy operation and competitive price.