How to Reset Forgotten Domain Administrator Password on Windows Sever 2008/R2 Domain Controller for Free?
Forgot Domain Administrator Password on Window Server 2008/R2?
Forgot domain administrator password on Windows server 2008 R2 domain controller? Don't worry!Windows Password Unlocker Enterprise comes with both Windows and Mac versions to help you reset forgotten domain admin password on Windows servers that act as domain controllers, including Window server 2008(R2)/2003(R2)/2000.
This Windows server password recovery tool is pretty good, but it will not be your first option if you prefer to reset Window server 2008 forgot password for free. In that case, you should read the following information. It shows you how to free reset Windows server 2008/R2 domain admin password by taking advantage of the installation disc.
Reset lost domain admin password with Installation disc
- Step 1. Insert your Windows installation disc in the computer, and then boot your computer from the disc.
- Step 2. Select the "Repair your computer" option, go ahead and select "Command Prompt" option when the following screen appears. The Command Prompt will open.
- Step 3. Backup the utilman.exe file using the command:
MOVE C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe.bak.
- Step 4. Copy cmd.exe and rename it Utilman.exe using the command:
COPY C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe
- Step 5. Reboot your computer. When the logo screen appears, click on Ease of access icon .
- Step 6. The command prompt will open. Type net user administrator * and press Enter.
- Step 7. It will ask you to set a new password and then confirm it. Type and confirm your new password. Then your domain admin password is reset.
Don't forget to rename back Utilman. Exe ->Cmd.exe and Utilman.exe.bak-> Utilman.exe after getting back access.
Apart from lost Windows server 2008(R2) password, you can also use the Windows installation disc when you forgot password in Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP.
Alternative Option: Windows Password Unlocker Enterprise
Forgot Windows server 2008 R2 password without an installation disc? Windows Password Unlocker Enterprise will be the best way to reset your forgotten domain administrator password on Windows server 2008/R2. It allows you to reset the lost domain admin password in 5 minutes, regardless of your computing level and password strength.
- Step 1. Download and install Windows Password Unlocker Enterprise.
- Step 2. Burn a boot password reset disk with CD/DVD/USB drive in seconds.
- Step 3. Reset forgotten domain administrator password with the burned disk.
100% security is guaranteed. No any data damage or loss to your computer. It's highly suggested to try the trial version at first to see if it's compatible with your computer and satisfy your requirements.
Note: Windows Password Unlocker also comes in Standard and Professional editions, but only Enterprise edition supports Windows server domain password reset. Learn the differences between each Windows Password Unlocker edition before purchase.
Get it Now