Purchase & Download
- Q 1. There are 3 versions of Windows Password Unlocker. Which version should I choose?
Q 1. There are 3 versions of Windows Password Unlocker. Which version should I choose?
A: It depends on your computer Operation System.
If it is Windows 7/Vista/XP, you can choose any one as you like.
If your OS is Windows Server 2008(R2)/2003(R2) and your computer is a domain controller, you can turn to the Enterprise edition.
If you want to reset local password for Windows 2008(R2)/2003(R2), the Professional edition will be your best choice. Learn more on the differences among the three edtions from Comparison Table.
Note: The Standard edition only supports CD/DVD while Professional and Enterprise editions support CD/DVD and USB flash drive.
- Q 2. What’s the difference between the trial version and full version?
Q 2. What’s the difference between the trial version and full version?
A: The trial version of Windows Password Unlocker can only list all the user names of Windows users, but cannot reset their passwords. The full version will reset lost Windows password for you.
- Q 3. How long and how many times can I download the full version after purchase?
Q 3. How long and how many times can I download the full version after purchase?
A: You can download it 10 times in 7 days; otherwise, the download link would be expired.
- Q 4. I have not received full version download link. What happened?
Q 4. I have not received full version download link. What happened?
A: Check if you have written the correct email address at first. Once your order is validated, the payment processor Swreg will send a full version download link to your email address automatically.
If you don’t receive it, please have a check in the spam. Normally, Our payment processor Swreg will send the email within 30 minutes, but it may take up to 2 hours during high volume periods. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Q 5. Failed to download the software from the confirmation email, what happened?
Q 5. Failed to download the software from the confirmation email, what happened?
A:The following are some reasons for your download difficulties. Please check your system for and disable any of the following:
Firewall – These are designed to stop downloads from non-approved sites.
Antivirus Programs – These will try to stop or scan a download. It may cause the download to be corrupt or damaged.
Finally, try using an alternate browser, and/or updating your browser to the newest version. Not all browsers are fully compatible with all servers.
If not work, please try to download it in another computer or contact us via email from: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q 6. The computer prompts for administrator password when downloading or running. What to do?
Q 6. The computer prompts for administrator password when downloading or running. What to do?
A: The computer asked for the administrator password for it is under secure, and when you are trying to run some program it will ask for the permission.
What’s more, only administrator or user with administrator privilege can download program. Thus, you need to download Windows Password Unlocker on another PC with administrative right and run to burn a reset disk on this computer . After that, insert the burned disk into your locked PC to reset your Windows password successfully.
- Q 7. Can I download Windows Password Unlocker and burn the bootable password reset disk on a Mac machine?
Q 7. Can I download Windows Password Unlocker and burn the bootable password reset disk on a Mac machine?
A: Windows Password Unlocker only supports Windows, not Mac. So you have to download and install Windows Password Unlocker in a PC that you can run as administrator. And then you can burn a bootable Windows password reset disk in that machine. Errors might occur if you intend to use a Mac instead.
- Q 8. What should I prepare before using Windows Password Unlocker?
Q 8. What should I prepare before using Windows Password Unlocker?
A: Requirements: A blank or an erasable CD/DVD (CD-ROMRW drive is also needed in this situation). Or a USB flash drive.
Other: Another Windows PC that you can run as administrator and also a good mood and 5 minutes also.
Operation & Resetting
- Q 9. Computer goes to blue screen when booting from CD/DVD/USB. What should I do?
Q 9. Computer goes to blue screen when booting from CD/DVD/USB. What should I do?
A:The possible reason is that your purchased software is not compatible with your computer. Try to solve the trouble with the following suggestions:
Change hard drive disk mode of your computer to IDE (compatibility mode). For this, you can follow the below steps:
1) Press F2/DEL, etc. to enter BIOS
2) Use arrows to select the Main
3) Select IDE Configuration, and press Enter
4) Onboard IDE Controller and Serial- ATA Devices will appear. Make them Enabled.
Note: The operations are different based on motherboard. But no matter what kind of motherboard you use, just find the IDE configuration to enable Onboard IDE Controller and Serial- ATA Devices.
Contact us with your order ID, we will send another compatible version to you which is better in compatibility and performance.
- Q 10. Password is required when I want t o access BIOS. What to do?
Q 10. Password is required when I want t o access BIOS. What to do?
A: This is because you computer may have BIOS password. For this, you need to clear or find BIOS password at first. Many methods to remove it can be found on the internet.
- Q 11. How to access BIOS and change boot order?
Q 11. How to access BIOS and change boot order?
A: To boot from CD/DVD/USB, please follow Set BIOS to boot from CD/DVD or USB instructions on the Windows Password Unlocker Professional User Guide.If your BIOS is different as the one in the tutorial, you can refer to your PC instruction book, or search it on the internet, or contact us with the picture or list of boot menu. You also visit How to Access PC’s BIOS Setup and then Set BIOS Boot from CD/DVD or USB.
- Q 12. What to do if I fail to boot the locked computer from the burned CD/DVD/USB?
Q 12. What to do if I fail to boot the locked computer from the burned CD/DVD/USB?
A: 1. check if you have set correct boot order. You may try other boot option to see if it works.
2. try another way to boot.
1). Insert the bootable CD/DVD/USB in your locked computer.
2). Start the locked computer and tap DEL, ESC or other keys (F2, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12) repeatedly (the keys shows with the prompt “press xx for setup” sometimes, not always), and then the Boot Menu screen appears.
Note: If the above keys do not work, you can search it with your PC model number or contact motherboard manufacturer.
3). Select CD ROM as the first boot device and save it. After that, your computer will boot from CD/DVD/USB.
3. burn the software again with another blank CD/DVD/USB.
4. some HP/DELL computers disable the option to boot from USB. Then you can use CD alternatively.
5. try it on another computer to see if it is the computer problem.
- Q 13. It hung there when boot from CD/USB, and appeared “DOS called with High.UMB”. What happened?
Q 13. It hung there when boot from CD/USB, and appeared “DOS called with High.UMB”. What happened?
A:The possible reason is that your purchased software is not compatible with your computer. Contact us via email@example.com with your order ID, we will send another version to you.
- Q 14. Computer said “it is not a password reset disk”. Why my computer said that?
Q 14. Computer said “it is not a password reset disk”. Why my computer said that?
A: There are 2 options to help you create a password reset disk:
Option 1: Create a password reset disk through the built-in feature of Windows 7/Vista/XP To reset password with this disk, you can click the Rest Password link after typing a wrong password on the Windows logon screen.
Option 2: Create a bootable password reset disk through Windows Password Unlocker.
You may don’t follow the step of our user guide, maybe you use it as a Windows password reset disk, and the software is different as that.
The whole Windows password recovery process can be divided to 3 big steps:
>> Step 1: Burn a password reset CD/DVD or USB flash drive
>> Step 2: Set BIOS to boot from CD ROM or USB
>> Step 3: Reset lost Windows password
Similarity: Both of them can reset your forgotten Windows login password.
Difference: The former can be only created before you lost the password. And it can only be created for local user accounts. The latter is created after you lost or forgot Windows password, which is burned by a third party software, such as Windows Password Breaker. This disk can be created for both local and domain account.
- Q 15. The burning process was failed, how to solve it?
Q 15. The burning process was failed, how to solve it?
A: Solution 1: Please use other burning program or this free burning software to burn the disk.
Download link: http://burncdcc.en.softonic.com/
Click browse button to find .iso file in software installation folder, and then start burning.
Solution 2: Burn it with another disk or on another computer.
Note: Make sure the computer has burning function.
- Q 16. I cannot see the reset and reboot buttons when I was going to reset. What’s up ?
Q 16. I cannot see the reset and reboot buttons when I was going to reset. What’s up ?
A: It may be caused by your DPI. Contact us with your order ID, we will send another program to you, and then that problem can be avoided.
- Q 17. Why I cannot load user profile after resetting the password?
Q 17. Why I cannot load user profile after resetting the password?
A: You can follow the steps to solve your trouble. 1. Press F8 when restart the computer and boot from safe mode. Leave the password as blank to log in.
2. Input Regedit in start text box and run it as administrator, find the item which is ended up with “.bak”. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\ S-1-5-21-****-****-1000.bak
3. Locate the item without “.bak” above the one with “.bak” you found on step 2(such as, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-21-****-****-1000) and make sure it has the key “ProfileImagePath” with “C:\Users\Temp” , delete the whole item without .bak on the left but keep the one with “.bak” safely.
- Q 18. The software cannot recognize my USB flash drive. What should I do?
Q 18. The software cannot recognize my USB flash drive. What should I do?
A: For this, please check the program whether it is the Professional or Enterprise edition as the Standard edition doesn’t support USB drive. Please insert the USB at first, and then launch the software. Or, use CD/DVD instead.
- Q 19. No user account was shown or found when reset the password, what’s wrong?
Q 19. No user account was shown or found when reset the password, what’s wrong?
A: There is a possible reason as far as we know: The hard drive mode or configuration of your computer is improper. IDE is a compatibility mode of hard drive, which may change the hard drive to be compatible with Windows Password Unlocker, thus could solve a large proportion of this problem. By this means, you should go to BIOS and set your SATA back to IDE mode. Find any information regarding SATA mode or anything like that on your BIOS. Here we provides three methods for you, please follow these steps:
Method 1: Press F2(the key to press is prompted underside in boot screen) continuously to enter BIOS, select HDC Configure As under Advanced menu, and use arrow keys to select IDE. Don’t forget to press F10 to save it.
Method 2: Press F2 continuously to enter BIOS, select SATA Controller Mode under Advanced menu, and use arrow keys to change AHCI into Compatibility. Compatibility is an option for older IDE/PATA drives and AHCI is for SATA drives.
Method 3: Press F2 continuously to enter BIOS, find SATA Configuration under main menu, set SATA as legacy IDE mode and press F10 to save it.
Note: The operations are different based on motherboard. But no matter what kind of motherboard you use, just check your BIOS interface to change hard drive mode. Then restart your computer, you may see Windows Password Unlocker shows all the accounts. Follow the steps to reset their password.
- Q 20. No computer system and user account listed after booting from the burned disk. What to do?
Q 20. No computer system and user account listed after booting from the burned disk. What to do?
A: The possible reason is that your computer is not compatible with your purchased software. For this problem, please contact us with detailed description of your problem as well as your order ID. We’ll send a full download link of another version to you after check.
- Q 21. What bearing does Windows Password Unlocker have on Windows security?
Q 21 What bearing does Windows Password Unlocker have on Windows security?
A: Windows Password Unlocker is designed as a tool for administrators, not for “crackers”. The product has no bearing on Windows security rating, because it requires physical access to the machine. In any computer system, true security from break-ins is achievable only by isolating the machine from distrusted individuals.