I have a new laptop and it says there is a password, but I don’t have a clue what it is. I don’t have a recovery CD and can’t make one. I’ve tried F8, F7, Alt F10, F10. Nothing works, it just comes up with the log in screen. I have no files that I need to save so I can reset it, but I didn’t get any software with the computer. I would appreciate any help!
You can try to restore, refresh, or reset your Windows 8 PC as it’s a new laptop and nothing important stored on it. The install disc or recovery media that came with your PC will be required.
If you think this is time-consuming, inconvenient and troublesome or don’t have that required disk, then you can try to reset the Windows 8 forgot password using additional Windows password reset programs.
Most of the current Windows reset password utilities allows you to burn a boot password reset disk to local administrator and other user passwords on Windows 7/Vista/XP. And some of them now are already updated to support Windows 8 password reset. Windows Password Unlocker is a great example.
The password reset time or speed, ease of use, the reliable results are some important factors you need to consider for selecting the right tool to reset your forgotten Windows 8 password in your Acer laptop. No matter what program you choose, it’s highly suggested to try the demo version to see if it’s compatible with your computer and satisfy your requirements before purchase.
If you’d like to reset Windows 8 password in Acer laptop using Windows Password Unlocker mentioned above, please take the follow steps.
- 1. Your locked Acer laptop with Windows 8.
- 2. Another PC or Mac to create a boot password reset disk (Following use PC for example.)
- 3. A blank CD/DVD or USB drive to create the boot disk with (Following will use USB for example.)
- Step 1. Download, install, and then run Windows Password Unlocker in any computer.
- Step 2. Insert USB disk in the computer and click Burn USB button to burn a boot password reset USB disk in seconds.
- Step 3. Start the Acer laptop from the burned boot USB disk to launch Windows Password Unlocker in Windows PE, and then select the target user account and click Reset button to remove its password.
Once the password is removed, you’ll be able to get back in your Acer laptop again without password.