Windows 8 forgot administrator password on Surface Pro. Is there any way to reset the administrator password?
Forgot your password for signing in to Windows 8 on your Surface Pro? There are several ways to bypass the forgotten password, depending on what type of account you set up on Surface.
- 1. Use your password hint as a reminder.
- 2. Sign in your surface with another administrator account and then change the forgotten password.
- 3. Reset your Surface back to factory settings.
Failed to reset Windows 8 password with the methods above? Why not have a try of Windows Password Unlocker. With this Windows password reset tool, you can instantly create a boot password reset disk with CD/DVD or USB disk to bypass Windows 8 password that you forgot. And this program is also helpful when you need to bypass Windows 7 password, Vista password, etc.
Prepare a USB drive and backup the important data on it, then download Windows Password Unlocker in another PC that you can run as administrator. Next install and run it.
Note: Mac version comes in the form of ISO image file, and no installation is required.
Burn a boot Windows password reset disk
Insert the USB in computer PC, select the inserted USB drive and burn a boot password reset USB disk by clicking the Burn USB button.
Reset forgotten Surface Pro Password
Insert the burned boot password ester disk for Windows 8 in your Surface Pro, and then boot from it. Learn how to boot Surface Pro from USB as follows:
- 1. Shut down your Microsoft Surface Pro device.
- 2. Plug in the burned boot password reset USB flash drive.
- 3. Hold the volume-down (-) rocker.
- 4. Press and release the power button.
- 5. When the Surface logo appears, release the volume rocker. Surface Pro will start the software on your USB device.
After that, you’ll see Windows Password Unlocker in Windows PE with all the user accounts on Surface Pro is listed (see screenshot below).
Now you can select the target user account and click Reset button to remove its password in seconds. Once the password is removed, click Reboot button to restart Surface Pro, and remove the bootable USB disk while restarting. When the login screen appears, sign in Surface Pro without password.
Tip: It’s highly suggested to try the demo version at first to see if Windows Password Unlocker is compatible with your surface pro and satisfy your requirements.