How to reset the administrator password in my Windows 7 Virtual Machine? I created a Windows 7 virtual machine and set a password on it a few days ago. Today I started the machine and it asked for an administrator password, but I cannot remember what the password is now. How can I reset my password or do I need to rebuild a new machine? Can I use a password reset utility?
A virtual machine (VM) is a software implementation of a machine (i.e. a computer) that executes programs like a physical machine. It’s very useful for learning and testing purposes. If you forgot password for Virtual Windows 7, you can easily bypass the password using Windows Password Unlocker, the most popular and effective Windows 7 reset password utility.
Steps to reset Windows 7 password Virtual Machine
The following guide shows you how to reset password Windows 7 in VMWare Workstation.
- Step 1. Download the Mac version of Windows Password Unlocker. It comes in the form of ISO image. You can also use the Windows version, but you need to install it at first as the ISO image in the installation folder.
- Step 2. Launch your Virtual Windows 7, click CD/DVD. On the coming up screen, select Use ISO image file and click Browse to load the ISO image file, and then click OK.
- Step 3. Power on your Virtual Windows 7, and press the right key to access the BIOS utility while booting, and then set CD/DVD as the first boot device. This will open Windows Password Unlocker in Windows PE.
- Step 4. On the Windows Password Unlocker screen, select the user account you want to reset password , and then click Reset button to remove the user account password in seconds
- Step 5. Once the target Windows 7 user password is removed, click the Restart button to reboot the virtual machine from normal hard disk drive instead of CD/DVD, and then you are able to log in to the target Windows 7 user account with a blank password.
Note: If you want to reset Windows 7 password for a physical machine, it’s required to burn a boot password reset disk with CD/DVD or USB drive in any PC at first. It allows you to easily reset lost administrator and user password for Windows 7, 2008, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000.