“I forgot my password to my computer. I did not set up an admin safe mode login and do not have a password reset disk for it. Is there any program or anything to let me log into my laptop and reset the password? My laptop is a Toshiba satellite l305-s5865 and OS is Windows 7.”
Without question, the best and easiest way to reset a forgotten Windows 7 password on Toshiba Satellite l305-s5865 computer is to use the previously created password reset disk. If you forgot to create such a disk in advance, there are many great third-party software that can help you create a password reset disk for Windows 7 after you lost its login password. All you need is to get a password reset tool for Windows 7 and find another computer to download and install this program. Besides, a blank CD/DVD or USB drive is also needed.
Recommended Tool: Windows Password Unlocker
As the most popular password reset tool for Windows, Windows Password Unlocker lets you reset forgotten Windows password by creating a boot password reset disk with CD/DVD or USB drive in seconds.
- * Reset passwords for Windows 8/7/Vista/2008/2003/2000.
- * Support various brands and models of PCs, like Toshiba, Dell, etc.
- * Only 5 min required to reset the lost password in 3 simple steps.
- * Windows and Mac versions aviable for both PC and Mac users.
- * Simple GUI interface, easy to use for anyone, even beginners.
- * 100 secure and 100% password reset rate.
1. For Windows users
If you’d like to burn the boot password reset disk for Windows 7 in anther Windows-based computer to bypass your forgotten password, please take the following steps.
- Step 1. Download the Windows Password Unlocker in a PC that you can run as administrator, and then install and run it.
- Step 2. Insert a CD/DVD or USB drive in the computer, select the target CD/DVD/USB drive and click Burn CD/DVD or Burn USB button. A boot password reset disk for Windows will be created a few seconds later.
- Step 3. Start the locked computer from the burned boot disk and reset your forgotten password to blank.
2. For Mac users
If you’d like to burn the boot password reset disk for Windows 7 in a Mac to get rid of the forgotten password, please take the following steps.
- Step 1. Download Windows Password Unlocker for Mac.
Note: the Mac version comes in the form of ISO image file.
- Step 2. Insert a CD/DVD in Mac, then go to Application – > Utilities -> Disk Utility, and next drag and drop the downloaded ISO file to the left pane in Disk Utility window.
- Step 3. Make the .iso image file selected, and click the Burn button. Click Burn button on the following dialog box and a boot Windows password reset disk will be created in a few seconds.
- Step 4. Start the locked computer from the burned boot disk and reset your forgotten password to blank.
More Tips and Tricks
- * Apart from password reset disk, there are some other solutions. For more information, please see Top 4 Handy Methods to Reset Windows 7 Password.
- * If you forgot Lenovo ThinkPad login password, you can see Four Most Common Password Reset Solutions for Lenovo ThinkPad.