In the era of smartphone, losing data (photos, contacts, notes, etc.) from your iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S is really common issue that troubles most iPhone users. In this article, it shows you how to recover data from iPhone in 3 easy ways.
Way 1. Scan your iPhone and recover lost data
When you lost data from PC’s partitions, USB sticks, external devices and more, you can directly scan these devices to get back the lost files using some data recovery tools. This also works when you accidentally deleted iPhone data. With Hodo iPhone Data Recovery, you can easily recover up to 11 types of data from iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS by scanning the device directly.
- Step 1. Download and install Hodo iPhone Data Recovery in your PC (Windows 8 compatible), and then launch it.
- Step 2. Connect your iPhone with the PC via USB cable, and click Start iDevice Recovery under the Recover from iOS device directly option.
* For iPhone 5/4S, it will start analyzing and scanning the data on the device.
* For iPhone 4/3GS, it will ask you to enter the DFU mode before scanning.
Note: Please unlock your iPhone if it’s locked, otherwise the scan will fail.
- Step 3. After scanning, all the data on the iPhone will be displayed in different categories, and now you can preview and recover the lost iPhone data you’d like.
Way 2. Recover from iTunes backup using iTunes
iTunes is an indispensable application if you are an iPhone user. This program allows you to backup your iPhone data automatically unless the backup process is interrupted. This feature is helpful if your device is stolen or lost, but you need to find some important contacts. With the iTunes backup files, you can easily restore the data on your iPhone via the Backup & Restore feature.
- Step 1. Connect the iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
- Step 2. Open iTunes.
- Step 3. If you have a new or erased iPhone, iTunes will prompt you to restore from backup. Otherwise, Control-click on your iPhone under DEVICES in the left menu.
- Step 4. Select Restore From Backup…
- Step 5. Choose the backup you wish to sync and click the Restore button.
Way 3. Recover from iTunes backup via third-party software
Many additional software also comes with the ability to recover lost iPhone data from iTuens backup. The Hodo iPhone Data Recovery mentioned above is a typical example. This tool not only allows you to recover data from iPhone directly, but also extract iPhone data from iTunes backup files.
- Step 1. Download and install Hodo iPhone Data Recovery in the computer where ITunes backups exist.
- Step 2. Run it and it will detect and found all the iTunes backup files in the computer. If not found, you can click the Browse button to import your ITunes backup file.
- Step 3. All extracted data will be displayed in different categories after scan. Here you can preview the data to find the items you’d like to recover, and then check them and click Recover button.
- Step 4. On the coming dialog box, specify the folder to save the recovered iPad data. And the data will be recovered in seconds.