Windows 8 forgot password? What to do? Have no idea? Don’t worry! You can easily reset a forgotten Windows 8 password, regardless of the level of your computer knowledge.
At first, check the type of Window 8 login user account, a Microsoft account or local user account. If you’re using a Microsoft account, you go to the Microsoft account sign-in webpage and follow its wizard to reset the forgotten password easily online. If you are using a local user account, you can easily reset the lost password with a password reset disk Windows 8. And following shows you 3 easy ways to do this job.
Way 1. Use the built-in feature of Windows 8
Like Windows 7/Vista/XP, Windows 8 also comes with the feature that allows you to create a password reset disk in advance to help you easily change your Windows password when you forgot it. This means that you need to create the Windows 8 password reset disk before forgetting the password.
- Step 1. Insert your USB sticks in your computer.
- Step 2. Select Search charm on the charms bar, enter “User Accounts” in the search, and then select User Accounts.
- Step 3. Click “Create a password reset” link on the left pane, and then follow the Forgotten Password Wizard.
For more details, please see How to Create and Use Windows 8 Password Reset Disk.
Way 2. Use Another PC
Forgot to a Windows 8 password reset disk ahead of forgetting the password? Don’t worry! You still have chance to create such a disk after you forgot he password. All you need is find another PC to download and install Windows Password Unlocker, and then bur n a boot password reset disk Windows 8 as follows:
- Step 1. Insert a USB disk or writable CD/DVD in computer, and then launch Windows Password Unlocker.
- Step 2. Select the USB or CD/DVD you’ve just inserted, and then click Burn USB or Burn CD/DVD button.
- Step 3. A boot Windows 8 password reset disk will be burned in seconds. Click Ok when the burning task completes.
Note: As for how to reset Windows 8 password with this disk, please see Window Password Unlocker User Guide.
Way 3. Use a Mac
Don’t have another PC? It’s Ok. You can also burn a boot password reset disk for Windows 8 on a Mac machine. All you need is to download Windows Password Unlocker for Mac. This program comes in the form of ISO image and no installation is needed.
- Step 1. Insert a CD/DVD in your Mac, and then go to Application -> Utilities -> Disk Utility.
- Step 2. Drag and drop the.iso file to the left pane in Disk Utility window, make it selected and then click Burn button.
- Step 3. Click Burn button on the following dialog box and a boot password reset disk Windows 8 will be created in seconds.
For more details, please see Windows Password Unlcoker for Mac Guide.
One more tip:
It seems that many users prefer Windows 7 to Windows 8. If you forgot Windows 7 password, please see Top 4 Handy Methods to Reset Windows 7 Password.